Monday, July 21, 2008

Travel Horror Stories ...



Absolutely Bananas hosts travel horror stories ...

It was Christmas 1990. I was pregnant with son #2. We were driving from Iowa to Colorado. Planned to spend the night in Salina, Kansas.

Parked the Chevy astro van in the hotel lot. Went to bed.

I think it was a Holiday Inn Holidome.

At 4 AM in the morning the sheriff's office calls our room & asks if we are missing an older woman whose keys open our van. No we don't.

Are we able to sleep after that ? No !

The van had food, gifts, skis ...

Then we started wondering about the poor woman wondering in the cold December night in the parking lot.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

They called to see if you were missing a person? That is so odd. I think I would know straight away if I was missing someone, and not be like: "Sure, give me a second, I'll check the suitcase." or whatever.

Abbreviated said...

To this day I unplug the phones overnight when staying in a hotel.

Simply Shannon said...

And you never found out who the lady was or what the heck was going on?
Bizarre.

Lizz @ Yes, and So is My Heart said...

No, I don't think you'd sleep too well after that.

Darla said...

How freaky. I wouldn't have been able to sleep either.

You got to go through KS to get to CO? We always have to take the NE route. *yawn*

Harmony said...

What is strange is she had keys that could open your van, yikes! If she did, how many more are there out there?

Wendy said...

Hey, Salina is where our dog was born!

Coffeegrljapan said...

How freaky! I wouldn't have slept well at all after that.
Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Unknown said...

No I couldn't have slept either. I'd have hd to go and inventory every last thing in the van, 4am or not.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.